Friday, April 22, 2011
Final Freebie!
This project has forced me to look into many different areas regarding online security and digital privacy. I have learned a lot about the ways I can protect myself. I have also decided that I don't think anything other than your own thoughts can ever truly be private. Since we have been adapting new ways to store data and promote synergy throughout every aspect of our lives we have all but given up our right to full privacy. No matter what you do, where you go, what you say, more than likely you're being identified or watched by someone or something online. (Who?) When we use a smart phone, an ATM, a gas pump, or go to the doctor, a computer is relaying little digital messages throughout space that we can never have full control of again. (To who?) We have to trust that every little bit of data that we spit out will not be used maliciously. (Trust who?) However, we have no idea who, what, or why we are trusting. We have moved into an age of comfortability with technology to the point where many of us are too complacent. We have the resources to protect ourselves but are much too consumed with day to day routines to take the proper precautions. If you're anything like me, you don't learn anything until you learn it the hard way. In this case though I think I'll go ahead and take the precautionary measures to keep me safe online while the rest of the world trusts...........(Who?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment