Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Pedophiles
One thing that I hear about that absolutely sickens me is the constant fight against online pedophiles. These creeps prey on young boys and girls who legitimately have no idea what is going on. I've heard of men posing as young people and sharing pictures of "themselves" as that young person to lure their prey somewhere. Many times you hear of a "young man" offering to meet up with a young woman somewhere public and describe what he will be wearing. The problem with that is that they can make up something and the prey will actually describe what he/she is wearing and the kidnap/molestation has been set up. Another one I hear of is young people sharing revealing photos of themselves with someone of their same age while that person they're sharing with is actually a pervert. The Children's Protection Campaign has developed a website for parents to visit in order to find ways to protect their children from creeps like these. For more information please visit that site at http://www.thecpac.com/protect.html and learn what you can do to fight the pedophiles of the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's sick, right? I don't know if you remember the whole Craigslist Killer thing, but its pretty much the same concept. It's crazy how trusting people can be of complete strangers they simply meet on an internet chat site. Does anyone have any common sense anymore?
ReplyDeleteIt is so gross. To Catch A Predator really shows what these people are capable of. Technology may help us in many ways but look what it does to these kids and bad people taking advantage of it. I really think that these sick people shouldn't be allowed to be near a computer or technology device of any kind!
ReplyDelete